Thursday, October 8, 2009

DAY 281 - Kickin' it Old School

Amanda Kjar, a friend of mine from high school arranged a little get together for a bunch of us Viewmont High class of '95 grads... yes that's right class of 95. Sounds so wrong. I joke that I live like I'm 24, but I think I'm really starting to believe I am 24. As much as I enjoyed seeing people again, I really don't feel like I fit in with that group anymore. Not that I ever really fit in that well before, but now its even more of a divide. Amanda's house is about 2 or 3 blocks away from where she grew up, its a big "parents" type house. I can't believe friends my age live in houses like that. Wasn't just a starter home, and she has 4 kids, Heather has 4 as well. Mandi's oldest is 11!!! I felt a little out of place. But I really didn't feel bad about myself. I used to be jealous and compare myself to my friends that "had it all together." But I realized my life is going how I want it to. I liked going out and jumping in my little Acura that was surrounded by mini-vans. It was fun to tell them that I am hoping to live downtown again, or maybe Chicago, so many options for me. I know they are all happy with their lives too, we all have taken our own paths and each path is the right one for that person. Maybe I am growing up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment