Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 242 - Goodbye City Life!

Just as Sam Malone did at Cheers, and Jack, Janet and Terri did in their Santa Monica apartment, and just like Chandler and Monica did at their Greenwich Village apartment, tonight I turned out the lights on my fabulous apartment in the avenues for the last time.

It was a very emotional day, I kind of felt like it wasn't really going to happen so I didn't think to prepare. I had boxed a few things up the night before, and figured I just had the big stuff to move, I was wrong. I had so much more than I thought. Since I wasn't very organized and didn't really have a plan, I didn't want to ask for help. I moved almost everything out by myself. Brandy stopped by for a minute to help me with my bed. It took the entire day and numerous truck rides to Centerville, I was moving non-stop. Then I spent hours scrubbing and cleaning. By the time I was done I was beat and an emotional wreck. I really loved living in this area, and kind of felt a little bit like a loser for moving back in with the parents. I may have had a few break downs caused by a mixture of exhuastion and toxic fumes.

I really have loved living in the city and I loved living in the nunnery! It has been a life changing experience. You wouldn't think moving 15 minutes away from where you grew up would be that big of a deal. But there is definitely a different feel living downtown. Although Utah isn't known for its diversity, it's a little refreshing to be in the city where there's not such a concentrated group of the same type people, it interesting to meet people with different ideas and opinions. It was also so awesome to be within walking distance to really everything you would need. I know I will be back again some day, and hopefully the next time I'll be there to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment