Thursday, July 9, 2009

DAY 190 - Guess your not going to play me a song Piano Man!




It was a musical evening fer sure! I went with Brandy to the Twilight Concert at Gallivan Center. I didn't know any of the music, it was Jenny Lewis, all I know is that she was in "Troupe Beverly Hills" with the vastly talented Shelly Long! Shortly before we left I heard the "old gang" was going to be meeting at Keys on Main later on to watch the dueling piano show. So after the concert we walked back up to my house, I changed and went back down to Keys on Main and met Latoya, Jess, Ty, Andrew, Liz and Matt for the show. It was a a good time. I have been to the Tavernacle, which is also another dueling piano bar. I personally think it was a lot more fun. The piano players were a lot more entertaining and seemed to have a better repertior.

I wasn't sure of the etiquette, so I gave them $3 for my request....but apparently that was offensive, they require more. I was extremely bitter that I paid $3 to hear a bunch of other people's lame requests. Every time there was a lull, I would rub my finger nails together and yell out "stumble out of bed grab a cup of ambition..." trying to inspire them to play my 9 to 5 request... But to no avail. We decided to leave around 11. But overall it was a good time, I've always wanted to go there, now I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment