Saturday, July 25, 2009

DAY 206 - Mi! A name I call myself!

So I was invited to a "Sound of Music" Party. I was told it was a big costume party and everyone was going to be dressing up like their favorite character and the such. I was also told to bring a dish to share that went with the theme. I stressed about the costume. I didn't want to go to over the top, and I didn't want to put much effort into it, and I'm really not a huge Sound of Music fan. So after a little thought I decided I would go as "Mi" a name I call myself. So I got a generic white shirt and ironed on "Mi" I also made some lemon drop cupcakes and called them "drop of golden sun" cupcakes. When I arrived at the party, NOBODY was dressed up, and I only knew 2 people. The pot luck was mainly middle eastern type food, nothing to do with Sound of Music. I spent most of the night sitting awkwardly quiet on a large sectional leather couch smashed between two strangers on a very hot July night... my arms and sides were drenched and I was pretty much stuck to the couch by the time movie was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment