Saturday, June 6, 2009

DAY 157 - Don't Cry For Me Paula Poundstone

So I dusted off my vocal chords and jumped back into the theatah world..  I auditioned for Evita at Rodgers Memorial Theater this morning.  It wasn't really a big deal, Alane, one of my best friends, is directing it and they usually need guys.  So to tell you the truth, I probably would have gotten in even if I would have sung Merrideth Brooks hit song "I'm a Bitch" a half step below pitch.... Which isn't too far off from what I did.  I have severe anxiety over singing in front of people.  I can practice and practice all I want, and sound OK, but getting up and doing it in front of an audience freaks me out, even just Alane, Scott and Peter, whom I've known for years.  Oh well, its done.  I have to go do my dance call back on Monday.  Woot, woot.  Gotta get my hips warmed up for some Argentinian Samba.


Later on, the same day...  I was so excited!!!  I got to see Paula Poundstone live.  Sister Dottie Dixon introduced her and gave her a Zion gift bag which included a Moroni Statue, a Book of Mormon Mace holder, to be used with over zealous missionaries, and various other Zion must haves... I've been a huge fan of Paula for years.  My sisters and I had her HBO special memorized, still to this day she is quoted regularly when we all get together.  It was a great show, went a little long.  There was a time that I wasn't sure if she was still doing her show, or if she was simply rambling about the problems with her children's school system.  But none the less she is still one of my favorites.  She is so talented, I love how she can just interact with the crowd, and go off forever about someone in the audience.  Cracked me up.

After the show we were hungry, the Dill Pickle Slushy I tried at the festival didn't quite fill me up, so we went to Stone Ground for dinner, yum!  Then I walked home... I love living in the city, a whole night out on the town and I never even got in my car... Will be so sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment