Sunday, June 7, 2009

DAY 158 - Don't Rain on my Parade!


Today was the Gay Pride Parade in Salt Lake, it was just blocks away from my house, so I 

thought I'd go meet Clete, Greg and Brandy to chec
k out the freaks.  I mean how often do you see giant chinese dragonesque condoms dancing down the streets of Salt Lake City.  It's sad that gay pride seems to focus on the weirdest, freakiest sector of the gay community.  But it is still quality entertainment.  


The skies were really dark this morning but it wasn't raining when I left, as I started to walk it
 began to sprinkle.  By the time I met up with everyone it was full on downpour.  The streets were flooded with water and sequins. 
  

After the parade we went and looked around at the festival.  It was pretty boring, just more like a trade show.  Just a bunch of booths advertising something.  One of my favorite booths, however was the "Temple Squares" an all gay Square Dancing group, gives new meaning to the   allemande.

It was nice to see a lot of "normal" people there, people had kids and families.  I think that's really cool.

After the festival I went home and tried to take a nap, to no avail.  I keep hearing about these Sunday afternoon naps people enjoy so much, wish I could be a part of that world, they never work for me.

Then I met up with Clete, Greg and Brandy again to go to a barbecue for John Carlisle who got married a while ago.  There was some good food from Sugarhouse Barbecue, but it was kinda cold and drizzly, pretty sad, but a nice time overall.

To top off the day it was the Tony Awards!!!    Watched part of them with Clete, then went to a little Tony Party I was invited to and watched the last little bit.  Made me want to go to New York really, really bad.  I wanna see West Side Story, Hair, Next to Normal, Billy Elliot and 9 to 5... See a 5 day trip and I could get them all in.  I gotta figure out a way to make it happen.

Well it was a packed full day, was nice to be busy and have some fun...Now the dreadful work week is looming.... only 3 full work weeks until the 4th of July!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment