Monday, June 8, 2009

DAY 159 - The rhythm finally got me

I guess Gloria Estephan was right...the rhythm finally got me... Tonight was call backs for Evita, we had to do a short little dance combo thing.  I was really worried, I'm not what you would call a dancer.  But it was really easy, a few cross over steps a jazz square and some spins... I do that while walking down the street, this aint no dance number?!  After that we had to learn parts to one of the songs, then stand in a line and be the only person on the specific part singing, plus we had to learn two parts.  I did the baritone and bass.  Once again...I'm not a singer, I didn't do well.  But due to the fact there were only about 10 men there, I'm pretty sure I have a good chance... Who knows, maybe I shouldn't be so cocky about it.  To be honest, I'd be fine either way, Evita is by no means my favorite show, and there is nothing for me in it.  I'll be ensemble, which is fine, but I have more fun doing shows where there is a little bit of comedy.  I'm thinking maybe musicals aren't my thing.  My new goal is to go to one of the theaters downtown and try to get in to a play someday.  Don't know if that's really my thing either, but I've never done it.  
After I got home from the call back, I walked over to Clete and Greg's and watched the season finale of Ugly Betty, never saw it, just gettin caught up.  It was a nice night for a walk, got sprinkled on a bit, but not too bad.  Once again... I'm going to miss living down here.  Hopefully I won't be gone long!

No comments:

Post a Comment