Sunday, April 12, 2009

DAY 102 - Me n' Martha



Happy Easter!!!  Oh how I miss the Easter mornings when I would get up and search the house for the hidden Easter basket filled with candy and presents!!  Ok, so it has only been a few years since I did that, but still, I miss it.  Today was a pleasant Easter, nothing too exciting.  I went to my parents house for our traditional Barbecue sandwiches (sloppy joes) some deviled eggs and lemon lime Easter cake.  

I had made my own Egg shaped Coconut cake.  I lented, I had given up baking for "lent" so for Easter I thought I would make somethin special.  I found a recipe in Martha Stewart Living and thought I'd give it a try.  I even went and bought new cake pans to make an egg shape, and pastry bags and all that.  Too bad the end result wasn't quite as elegant as I had envisioned.  But I tried.  It tasted really good.  I'm gonna have to keep on making cakes to practice the decorating part ;)
Since my 
mom made a cake, and my dad isn't too much of a Coconut fan, I took my fancy cake, and matching wardrobe choice, up to Ogden and had dinner with Alane, Nancy and James.  After dinner and  we watched every one's favorite Easter movie, "Monster" starring Charlize  Theron, a true story about a prostitute who
 gets raped and then goes on a killing rampage.  HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment