Friday, April 17, 2009

DAY 107 - Doin' it Mafia Style


So at least I got some action on a Friday night. A little nibble on the ear from Beency. I'll take what I can get.

So Friday huh! Was fairly uneventful. Today at work was really, really slow. All of us designers were going to leave early, but they called a meeting from 3:30 - 4:30. We were all quite bitter. But it wasn't too bad. The IT department had a big barbecue for us since they lost all of our stuff off the server a few weeks ago. So we had some sort of Polonesian chicken, then went back to the conference room and played "Mafia." For those of you who don't know, Mafia is kind of a young adult activity type game. Everyone gets a card and some of the cards are marked as "Mafia" or "police" the reset are citizens. Everyone closes their eyes and then the Mafia chooses a person to kill, the police can ask about anyone and the moderator will tell them if they are mafia or not, then everyone opens their eyes and they have to guess who the Mafia people are... anyway, now that I've just written the rule book on Mafia. I guess these IT people play it every Monday. They get really into it, they've added Ninja's and Rambo and all these other twists. Maybe if they weren't busy thinking up new a new and improved Mafia game, the server wouldn't have crashed in the first place....just sayin'.

It was kinda nice to kill some time though, was about a 2 1/2 hour lunch break. I got to be Mafia one time, but got found out really quick. When everyones eyes were shut and we were trying to select someone to kill I was whispering "who's the guy in the white polo." Kinda obvious to those around me. But oh well, it was more fun to be dead.

Had a pretty quiet evening. I'm running the race tomorrow, got to get up at 6am, so I'm going to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. That picture is killing me... don't tell but that dog terrified me.

    ReplyDelete