Sunday, April 19, 2009

DAY 109 - Spring Time In SLC

Today was a perfect sunshiny Salt Lake City spring day! I LOVED IT!! I had no real plan for the day when I got up. I had a few things I needed to get done, but nothing set in stone. I was thinking of going to see a movie, but I couldn't convince anyone to go see "17 Again" with me... I don't understand? It looks so quality!! So I decided to get making some Peanut Butter Bars for the Alpha 88 reunion dinner. Just as I got them out of the oven, Hunter texted me and said he was up at Grey Whale by the U and Brandi Carlile was doing a free concert. I just heard some of her stuff for the first time a few months ago. I loved it and bought the CD. I decided back when I got the CD that I wanted one of the songs played at my funeral or wedding...most likely it will be my funeral...either way, I love the song. I have a clip of her singing live, but it's not very good quality since I filmed it on my phone. I have also put the song on here, so listen to that instead. Anyway, it was so much fun to just stand outside on a nice sunshiny day and listen to some music. It felt so urban, one of the things I love about living downtown. It took me about 5 minutes from the time I left my apartment to the time I was standing there listening, that included parking and walking a little bit. I love being close to the action.

Brandi was really cool and nice, she signed autographs and met with people after. I didn't stay for that, but I later heard the girl standing in front of me in the picture, with the tattoo of the Fiddler on the Roof on her neck, so I guess it's technically a Fiddler on the Neck, sounds crazy no? Anyway, she had Brandy sign her shoulder and said she was going to get it tattooed on. Weirdo's, I just don't understand the whole tattoo thing, but I don't judge.

After the little concert I stopped by the Library to pick up my book I had put on hold on line... Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking." Brandy O and I are going to read it for our own little book club of trashy celebrity autobiographies.

It was then time to head up to Layton for the monthly Alpha alum dinner. Tonight it was Madison's turn to host. We just hung out in her cool house that they are slowly redoing. It's looking really nice, add some furniture and it would be spectacular. Dinner was nice, a lot of talking about breast feeding, after birth and other sorts of bodily fluids and functions. Oh what fun to be the single guy around a pregnant lady and the mother of a 9 month old.

After dinner I made my way home, it had gotten dark outside, but was still such a nice night. I headed over to the park with my buddy Andrew to swing on the swings. The end of a perfect sunshiny Salt Lake City spring time day.

No comments:

Post a Comment