Wednesday, April 8, 2009

DAY 98 - I Just Dyed in a Mug Tonight


The Easter Bunny will be here so soon, so I went over to the boys house and we broke out the vinegar and fizzing color tablets to dye some Easter eggs!!  It was a pretty good time, but kind of short lived.  It seems like it used to take a lot longer to dye eggs when I was a kid.  We would get pretty fancy, multi-colors, shrink wraps, wax crayon designs, the whole deal.  The little boys just liked dropping the eggs in the water, they weren't too concerned about aesthetics.  Parker pretty much just threw the egg in the mug from across the room, he's not too graceful with his egg dying technique, but he's only 5, and he has other strengths.  I couldn't believe how badly they wanted to eat the hard boiled egg.  When I was a kid I wanted nothing to do with the egg unless it had a hard candy shell and filled with chocolate.  I still prescribe the that mentality most of the time, however, an egg yolk mixed with mayonnaise and other assorted herbs and spices would be all right as well.

Dying Easter eggs always reminds me of the game we used to play when we were kids, where each kid would decide on a color of egg they were, then the big bad wolf would come to the door and ask if there were any of certain color egg, if your color was selected you would have to run around a designated course and not get caught by the "big bad wolf."  I don't really understand where the idea for this game came from, and I don't know what wolf would want with a colored egg.  I guess it makes as much sense as a giant bunny hiding a basket in your house once a year.

THANK YOU EASTER BUNNY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment