Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DAY 34 - We're not gonna, we're not gonna pay!

Well I made it through January, now making a dent in February... These few months of the year are my least favorite. Not much is going on, its cold and hazy. The snow has lost its magic and has become crusty gray mounds of broken Christmas dreams.

The bad thing about the beginning of a new month is a whole new set of bills. Today I paid my rent, a day late, but it never seems to be a problem. The check usually doesn't go through until the middle of the month anyway. When I first moved in I couldn't imagine how I was going to make it, I figured I would be destitute in no time and moving back into my parents basement. I'm proud of myself for actual making it on my own. It's been 8 months now and I'm not completely destitute...close, but still keeping my head above water. The safe, secure, heart strings of my parents home are trying to yank me back. But I'm trying to resist. However I'm not ruling the idea out. It is tempting to go home for 6 months to a year and pay off my credit cards, then be able to go out and BUY a house. Oh my gosh, even typing that sends ripples of fear through my body. I still have 5 months left on the lease, so I'll be staying put for a little while. We'll see what the summer brings. I don't think I'll make any moves until fall. I loved being in my place last year. It is so close to downtown and all the happenings. I can't wait to walk to the Gallivan Center for movies and concerts. And walk up to the park to swing on the swings. (You have to be careful at the park in the avenues, those hills are steep and sometimes people fall on you.)


Post Script: I still have not located my camera, I'm starting to think it may have dropped out of my pocket onto the street...It may be long gone. I still have my larger digital camera, but it's not as portable as the other one, which makes the picture a day a little more difficult. But I shall overcome, I will not be discouraged by this set back. I will prevail!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about your camera. I hope you find it.

    LaToya

    ReplyDelete