Sunday, February 1, 2009

DAY 32 - Oh Yo, Oh Yo! Catch This!


So it's the day that sports fans all throughout the country look forward to. Some even place it above Christmas as their favorite "holiday." Well I am always up for a reason to celebrate, especially if there is food involved. So a few of us non sports folk got together for a little "Superbowl" party of our own.

I tried to redeem myself by making some more cupcakes. This time I used Clete and Greg's oven, and they turned out pretty well, I think they were still a little dry, but at least they weren't burned. I put a little Hershey Hug in the middle of each and then had a variety of vanilla and chocolate frosting. They were pretty tasty. We also had pizza from Papa Murphy's and some chips (left over from the "Chips" party the night before.)

But the star of the Superbowl was the viewing of Pretty Woman! We had been talking about it a few weeks ago, and it had been a while since any of had seen it, Clete had never seen it cause it was rated R and his mamma wouldn't let him watch those kind of movies. So we corrupted him and watched it. It's so sad how old and dated it's starting to look. I think I have seen that movie more than any other. When it first came out my sisters and I would go to the Redwood Drive Inn at least once a week or more. It seemed like Pretty Woman was always the second movie with whatever we were going to see. So we would watch the new release movie and end up staying and watching it. I think I saw it about 17 or 18 times. Crazy! I still love it, and can quote almost the entire thing. We watched the directors cut, it had a few scenes that weren't in the original. It was weird to me, I didn't like it, it felt wrong! You don't mess with perfection. In one part Vivian (Julia Roberts) tells Edward (Richard Gere) that your foot is the same size as your elbow to your wrist, and since all four of us have the same size feet we tried to see if the pretty woman's theory was true, so this is our comparion shot.

We took these pics with Greg's camera, I'm still on the lookout for mine. Hopefully it will reapear soon!

I would like to leave with some Pretty Woman wisdom, that I think we all should live by.
I say who..I say when...I say how much!

No comments:

Post a Comment