Thursday, February 12, 2009

DAY 43 - Fortune Favors the Brave


If today were a fortune cookie it would read "Just for the Halibut." Today was a normal day at work. Then this evening a friend of mine I helped out back in December told me he would buy me dinner to repay me. He asked if I had any requests, I just said nothing with fish...he took me to the Oyster Bar..hmmmm??? Pretty much everything on the menu was fish. I thought maybe he misunderstood and said I want anything WITH fish. But he even said to me, "I know you don't like fish, but they have other things." There were a couple of pasta dishes that without fish, but that was about it. I decided I would go for it and have the Halibut. It was fine, it is one of the only fish dishes I can handle. There was a hint of fish oder in the air, but it wasn't too terrible. After the slightly awkward dinner, I went over to Brandy's for our traditional Wednesday night TV, on Thursday night. We watched Top Chef...I'm so excited that googlie eyed Carla is in the top 4!!! I knew she could do it!!

The picture is of me holding the giant fortune cookie Brandy got from the lady who did her taxes at H & R Block. Hopefully a giant fortune cookie equals a giant refund...and in Brandy's case, it does! She's rich!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment