Sunday, February 22, 2009

DAY 53 - And the award goes too....


Oscar night!!  So G-L-A-M-O-R-OUS!!  I have always wanted to dress up all fancy and go to some big time Oscar party...or make personal pizza's and watch it on the tv, that works too.

Brandy, Kirsten and I got together at Brandy's house and made mini pizza's, ate Red Vines and Jelly Beans, and of course I made Peanut Butter Bars, and we watched the Oscars.

It was really fun this year.  I usually only see one or two of the movies nominated, but this year the movies nominated for best picture were:  Slumdog Millionaire, Milk, Frost/Nixon, The Reader and Benjamin Button...I have seen all of them but The Reader.  And I enjoyed all of them too, so it was fun to watch and actually have an opinion.  We had ballots that we filled out before the show, and then we switched and the other person graded the paper as the winners were announced.  I did OK.  I lost, of course, but I got 21 points, Brandy got 22 and Kirstin got 23, so we were all about equal.   I was really happy with the winners too.  I haven't seen Doubt yet, but I kinda wanted Meryl Streep to win, but I love Kate Winslet too, so I guess that's cool.  And I was really happy Sean Penn won and not Mikey Rourke, he' a freak.  Sean Penn was really good in "Milk", I didn't see the "Wrestler", so I guess I can't judge, but he just seems like a weirdo, and I didn't want him to win.

I also enjoyed Hugh Jackman hosting, he's awesome!  I loved that there were musical numbers!!!  And I really liked how they previous winners of a category came out and gave a little speech about one of the people nominated for their category.  It made it a little more personal, but it was a little awkward when one of the presenters gave a really nice thought out speech and then the next persons said "uhh..he was real good and should win" or something like that.  But I hope they keep that as a new tradition.  It was tender.

Each year at when the Oscars roll around I have a twinge of guilt.  When I was in 5th grade I used to tell my teacher, Mrs. Lawson, that someday I was going to win an Oscar and I would make sure to thank her.  Well I guess I've still got time, but with my bad knees who knows if I'll ever make it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment