Saturday, February 14, 2009

DAY 45 - A Bad Case of VD


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! Valentines Day is up towards the top of my least favorite holiday's. Not because I'm bitter and alone, just because it's sort of a love elitist holiday. It's a day that only select members of society can celebrate...Sure if you're single you can get a tub of ice cream, and sit in front of the TV as TBS plays a marathon of romantic comedies. But that's pretty much a standard Saturday night for me. However this year I got to go to Granger High's Junior Prom!!! Woot! Woot! Brandy was chaperoning and I joined her. We took tickets and I hung up coats...how romantical. It was fun, but it reminded me of how old I'm getting. When I would go to the dances up at Bonneville, I was in the middle of it all, dancing with the kids, getting invited to the after dance parties...OK, so I guess that's kinda weird that I was in my mid 20's going to high school dances, but I didn't do it when I was actually in high school, so at least I got the experience...don't judge. Anyway, I don't know any of the Granger kids, except for all the stories about them I hear from Clete and Brandy. So she would point out a kid and I would know their entire back story. Some I felt like I did know and I would talk to them, then they would look at me really creepy like and run.

Overall it was a nice time, it's always good to spend time with the Brandy O. And we did get out on the dance floor a little bit. I was getting down with my bad self until John Carlisle took a picture of me. I had my hands up in the air, waving them like I just didn't care, and I had some large arm pit sweat stains. The rest of the night the hands didn't go above shoulder height. Which should maybe be a rule of mine anyway.

When I got home, I was getting ready to go to bed when I heard a fire engine drive by. I didn't think much of it, but it was really close and the sirens stopped, then another one came by. So I finally went and looked out my front window. The apartment building up the street was on fire!!! There were 4 fire trucks, an ambulance and big spot lights shining up at the building. I could see billowing white smoke coming out of the windows. All the tenants of the apartment building were out front in the cold and the snow. I felt so bad for them, I thought about taking a blanket over. But I was kind of cold myself, and I had just got the blanket for Christmas ;).

Any of you that know me, know that if I would have had a hose I would have been out spraying down my building in case any stray embers were carried down and lit upon the dry roof of my 90 year old building. But I had to resist, so I put in Hairspray to give me happy thoughts and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment