Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 37 - Slumdog Millionaire, EVERYBODY DANCE!


It's FRIDAY!!! Today was a good day, pretty much because it was Friday of course. Work went well, we had a "Tamale Party." The marketing department met in the conference room and had authentic Mexican Tamale's from Letherbee's... Who knew Leatherbee's made Tamale's I just thought they made big giant milk shakes...and furthermore, I didn't even know they still existed. So many pleasant surprises. During the lunchtime siore the director of marketing asked us to go around the room and share an embarrassing moment. This is always such a touchy subject, some can be funny, some can be really gross...and for me, most of them involve saying something completely inappropriate that I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing in a work place setting.. I ended up telling the story about the time at Alphagraphics when I was going to scare my co worker Wade. I went and hid in the break room waiting for him to get out of the bathroom, and when I heard the door open I sneaked out and turned the corner to the long hallway ready to tackle him. But when I began to pounce I realized it wasn't Wade at all, but the tech who was there working on one of the machines. So instead of saying "sorry I thought you were someone else" I just tried to play it off and continued to skip / lunge down the hall way, as if it was completely normal. Wade had stopped at the drinking fountain after coming out of the bathroom, and witnessed the entire incident... That was the story I shared, and it got a good chuckle. I'm hoping to make some points with the co-workers. I'm still trying to find my place there, its been a little over a month, I'm getting more comfortable, but I'm definitely still the new kid on the block. (whoa-o-o-o-o! Hangin tough)

After work I met Latoya, Christian and Jess at Cafe Rio then went to Slumdog Millionaire at the Broadway Center. It was a good time. I always enjoy getting together with them. We all share our crazy wacky work-time experiences. Its a good way to decompress after a long hard week. The movie was very, very good! There were times I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I ended up loving it. Some parts are very disturbing and completely shocking. But its a clever way to tell the story of this poor kids life. But I have to say, my favorite part was the random Bollywood style dance number during the closing credits. I think all super dramatic movies should end with some uplifting light hearted choreography!

No comments:

Post a Comment