Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 56 - Phill-er Up


It's Wednesday with Brandy! Part of our Wednesday ritual is to get a pop..or soda (depending on your geographical vernacular). Tonight Brandy took me to a different convenience store near her house...they have 59¢ refills...WHAT!!??! It's a steal. I was super excited, for my midweek diet cola. However I didn't understand why the bright red neon sign above the soda fountain said "Phill-er Up." I'm no grammaritician, and spelling is not a strong suit of mine, but shouldn't it be "Fill-er Up?" I thought maybe the store was named "Phil's," cause that would make sense, but it isn't..it's like the Magical Market, or something like that. So I still am questioning who this Phil fellow is, and I think he should get his hands off "er."

After the beverage stop, we headed back to Brandy's to watch the season finale of "Top Chef." I was rooting for my googlie eyed gal Carla. But the pressure got the best of her, she burned her souffle, and over cooked her meat. Poor gal, but she definitely brought the love and cooked with soul. That tastes better than a blue cheese souffle would anyway. I was glad Hosea won, and not Stefan. Neither were my favorites, but at least Hosea wasn't as cocky as Stefan.

Well now that is over, I guess we are going to have to turn the time over to American Idol. Hopefully it will start getting better. I have kind of lost interest in it the past few weeks. Last I saw was Danny Gokey, and I figure he better win, compared to all the rest of the people I've seen so far. Doesn't even seem like there is any competition for him. But America could surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment