Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 57 - Ken's Infinetly Lame Playlist


So there is this posting going around on Facebook where you are suppose to list your top 15 albums that have "changed your life." I have had no desire to do this, I'm not really a "music" person. I love music and always have some playing at home or at work. But I just kinda listen to what's on the radio. I don't go searching for the hottest indy bands, or even listen to stations that play more obscure music. I'm a top 40 type guy all the way. So when Brandy was talking about her top 15, I felt kinda sad that I didn't have 15 albums that I could say "changed my life." My sister, Mish, has always been really into music and has knack for finding really obscure cool music, and she has had people she has been obsessed with. Before they were really famous she followed the Barenaked Ladies all around the country. My friend Clete is obsessed with anything Annie Lennox does...I have never been obsessed, I have always wanted to be a crazed groupie, but I guess I just haven't found the right one yet. At work they are always talking about all these groups I've never heard of, and one guy even said he stopped listening to this one band because they got too "arena." I don't even comprehend that, that's the best, going to a big arena concert...I'm still bitter I missed Kelly & Reba!

Anyway, I took a little different approach tonight. I was going through my iTunes and just made a playlist for songs that I have a strong association with. I may not even love the song, it may just be something that conjures up a vivid memory. It was kind of fun going through them, I would just put a song in there if it brought a smile to my face, or made me think. I ended up with over 40 songs and 3 hours of music, and I could have done more, I started to only allow one per artist. Granted, the playlist is really lame, I would be the laughing stock of the guys at work, and probably anyone else who would look at this playlist...to give you a idea the list includes, to name a few, Garth Brooks, Whitney Houston, Tiffany, Joan Jet, Pippin, Alanis Morissette, Matchbox 20, Colin Hay, The Goo Goo Dolls, and of course Dolly Parton.

Don't judge, but each one of those songs reminds me of a specific place, or time, and friends or family. So I guess if it's lame, it makes me lame, and I'm OK with being lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment