Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DAY 41 - ADRIAN!!!

I totally did it! My first day of training (cue Rocky Theme Song Music). I ran all the way around Liberty Park, then walked half of it for a cool down. I was proud of myself. It had been snowing on and off all day. I didn't think I had it in me to run in a full blizzard, but the skies cleared just as I was getting off work, as if a sign from the running gods. It was still freakishly cold. But the cold felt kind of nice once I started running and heat up, however I didn't wear gloves so my hands went numb, but you don't need hand for running. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was holding up fine, but my knee started to hurt. I was really frustrated, I haven't had knee or joint problems since I was in junior high and suffered from Oslglich Slaughters disease..it's real, I promise. I had to wear a little blue knee brace thing when I would do any physical activity, so it didn't really get much use. I'm hoping a good pair of running shoes will solve my current discomfort. The shoes I'm using now are just some Sketchers, I don't think they are really designed for any kind of athletics, they're just designed to give the appearance that you're an active person.

One run down, only 9 weeks and 2 running days until the big race... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment