Monday, February 9, 2009

DAY 40 - If I were Moses I would stop wandering around the wilderness today.

Monday, Monday... can't believe another weekend has come and gone. Tonight I took it easy. I decided today I need to have a goal...everyone comes to Salt Lake has a goal...what's your goal? (Random Pretty Woman reference). Anyway I decided I'm going to run the Salt Lake City 5K in April. I was thinking about doing the half marathon, but I don't know about that. I need to ease in to the whole running thing. I work out, but haven't done a lot of long distance running, I'll have to see if I have the stamina...I hear there's a pill for that now.

I did some research and found an 8 week training program for a 5K. Monday is listed as a rest day, so I did as directed and began my training by resting. So far I'm feeling great about the whole thing! It then suggests running 1.5 miles on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. Wednesday do a different type workout, and Sunday take a leisurely walk. This program allows your muscles a rest and recovery day so they will get stronger and not always fatigued. Each week you have to increase the mileage until your up to 3 miles (the distance of a 5K). I drove down to Liberty Park and drove around it to see how big it was. It was almost exactly 1.5 miles around, so I think I'm going to start running around the park on the appointed running days.

After my drive through the park I didn't feel like going home. But I'm trying not to be tempted with food so I didn't want to go wander around the store, and I have no money to buy things, so I didn't want to wander around the mall, so I just drove around. I used to go on little drives all the time, look at big houses and plan my life around living in one. But since its become abundantly clear I will never have a big house, it's just not as fun. But I did enjoy my little drive, I drove up around the capitol, I took a pretty typical Salt Lake photo from the Ensign Peak area. But I thought it turned out pretty good. I really like Salt Lake, not too big, but not too small. I love living right in the middle of it all.


After I got home from my drive, I just worked on the computer. Made a little bookmark for my mom's Relief Society activity, did some blogging, and of course cyber lurked around Facebook, peering into other people's lives that seem so much more interesting than my own. Just your ordinary manic Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment