Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DAY 48 - The One About The Jogging, and Billboard.


A little work, a little jog, some laundry and a billboard. Pretty much sums it up. It was a Tuesday, not as bad as a Monday, but not as good as a Wednesday, just Tuesday.

I am continuing on with my 5K training. All day today I kept hearing reports of snow, and people up north were complaining on Facebook about all the snow they were shoveling, so I didn't know what to expect when I got off work. There was nothing in Sandy...literally, its just Sandy...but today there was no snow. When I got home it was a little damp out, but no falling snow, so I decided I would lace up the running shoes (well my fake running shoes) and hit the pavement. I went to Liberty Park and did a little warm up walk on the sidewalk, when I noticed a little pathway out in the grassy area. It isn't paved, just dirt, mud and I don't want to guess what else may be there. But I thought this maybe a better option for me since it would be less of an impact for my poor knees to bear. I started running on this path and had no knee problems. I was able to run all the way around the park plus about another quarter of the way. So I ran somewhere between 1.75 to 2 miles, without stopping! I'm sure I didn't break any speed records, I'm no Jackie Joyner Kersee. But I was proud of myself. My knee did start to hurt a little towards the end. I had bought a knee brace, but realized when my knee started to hurt, I had put the brace on the wrong knee. I think its part of my dyslexia. Overall it was a good run. It was a little creepy, there weren't as many people at the park as usual, and it was dark the whole time. I never realized how many people just sit in their car in the park parking lot. I would run by a car and happen to look in and there would just be someone sitting there. Kinda creepy park lurkers. I just kept thinking I hope I don't fall victim like that Savannah Smiles.

After the jog I went to my parents house to finish up my laundry I had left over the weekend. But my lovely mother is quite the laundry fairy. I got home and she had done it for me. So sweet! So I ended up eating some of my parents food and worked on the "Guys & Dolls" billboard. I tinkered around with it for a while, then decided to come home. Once I got home I again started working with it. I am feeling very uninspired. Alane wants the show to be very true to the 1940's, they are even recreating the picture of that sailor kissing the lady in Times Square somewhere in the show. But my billboard is staring to look more like an ad for Guys & Dolls starring Marlin McCoo and the Solid Gold Dancers...but I sorta like it in a weird way.

No comments:

Post a Comment