Saturday, February 21, 2009

DAY 52 - At the Kids Table


I guess I'm destined to be at the kids table, cause really I'm only 12 years old...right?  That's how I feel most of the time.  I keep trying to figure out how to play like I'm a grown up, I don't think I'm very good at the game.

Today was a great Saturday, the 50 plus degree weather and sunny skies caused a case of full blown Spring Fever.  I slept in later than I have for months.  I didn't get out of bed until 10:30.  Even after that it took me a while to get going.  I finished up the Relief Society poster, then went to the park for my run.  There were tons of people there.  It was kinda fun to see everyone out and playing in the park, I can't wait for everyday to be spring!  I had a good run, I did almost  a full two miles of running, then about a half mile cool down walk.  I was running behind some guy for a while, and he was going too slow...I passed someone!!!  Who'd have thunk...All though he may have been on his 30th lap and I on my 1st, but it still felt good to feel like I was advancing.  Gave me some race day adreniline, I could hear the Charriotts of Fire theme song playing in my head, and I began running in slow motion.

After the run, I went home got ready for the day and did a few errands.  Then I met Clete and Greg and the boys for dinner at Wingers.  It was a good time.  Even though I felt like one of the kids sitting on the kids side of the table, the waitress had a different idea, since when she split the check up, she put the kids on my bill, I guess I seemed fatherly to her...kids are expensive!

After dinner I met Brandy and some of her friends at Brewvies to see "Frost / Nixon."  I LOVED the movie, I like movies like that.  It was so interesting to me.  It made me hate Nixon, but also feel so sorry for him, he was so completely insecure and unlikeable, but had some moments of goodness I'm sure.  It's up for some Oscars tomorrow, we'll see how it does..  One more thought about Brewvies...I think it's really cool that you get to eat right there in the movie theater, have your pizza or nachos or whatever, but unfortunately other people get to eat too.  At some points it was more disturbing having loud eaters and clanging dishes and silverware around me than a crying baby or an occasion cell phone at a regular theater.  But it's still a cool place...and you get unlimited Diet Coke refills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment