Monday, February 16, 2009

DAY 47 - The Capulets Are Gonna Have Their Way TONIGHT!


What light through yonder window breaks?.... I all ready knew that line going in. Tonight we went to Romeo and Juliet at Pioneer Memorial Theater. Clete was kind enough to share his free tickets with us. It was pretty good. However I had to use my extensive "West Side Story" knowledge to follow along with the story. I got frustrated when I would realize where we were in the play and didn't understand why they weren't singing "tonight, tonight won't be just any night."

It's amazing how that show was written back in the late 1500's, but its still entertaining today. People were still laughing at the jokes, and the whole love story still translates to today. I didn't understand a lot of what was being said, and then when there was a big monologue I wondered why it took ten minutes to basically say. "Oh no! Juliet is dead." I could have saved everyone so much time...but I suppose that's the beauty of it all. I really did enjoy it, but my attention span was tested. I would find myself thinking about what I was going to bake this weekend, and what would happen if I added a little bit of flour and baking soda to a Carmel mixture to make it a like a really gewy cookie. Then after it cooled a little folding in some chocolate chips...anyway, I digress. I had to make sure I didn't fall asleep, we were informed that if we fell asleep during the show we wouldn't be invited back to the next show this season. He is such a mean teacher! I'm always gettin' in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment