Saturday, February 28, 2009

DAY 59 - Tea for Two...or a Tap Dance!

Today was a good day, productive and fun. Always a super combination. Went to breakfast, then came home and worked on Camelot. I finished most of the first act, I think I'll probably finish the whole first act by the end of the weekend... I love it when things run smoothly, it doesn't happy for me too often. After working on the video I went over to Clete and Greg's and watched Ugly Betty...quality entertainment. I am finally all caught up on those. Then we had Julie's "Tea Party" to go to.

I was having a conflict, Julie's party had been planned for weeks, and I was excited to go. But then my mom told me they were going to be celebrating my grandma's birthday today. Originally the classy soiree was planned for 3:00 PM at the Logan Golden Corral. So I would have been able to go, load up on a variety of sneeze guarded foods, and be back in time for the party at 8:00. But apparently some of the more important members of my family weren't able to make it at 3:oo and they changed the time to 6:00. There was no way that was going to work. I felt bad not going, but I will have to make sure to go up and visit grandma some other time, and it will be a more meaningful encounter when not surrounded by the sound of arteries clogging and dignity being shattered at the Golden Corral. None the less, happy 96th birthday Grandma May!!!


Julie's party was a smash! Julie has been a friend of Brandy's since they were teenagers. Ever year Julie hosts a "Tea Party" at her house. It's basically just a get together of all of her friends from various walks of life. But the highlight of the party is her annual tap dance. Every year she choreographs and performs a tap dance for everyone to enjoy. This year it was done to Donna Sommers "On The Radio." I loved it! It was a big hit! After the tap dance, she put on some music and opened up the dance floor for everyone. Nobody really started dancing, so Cassie Pickle and I took to the floor. We had some pretty fancy moves ourselves, thanks to the impeccable choreography of Corky St. Claire.

We left the party at about 11:15. The night still seemed rather young. Clete had heard Breakfast at Tiffany's was playing at Brewvies at midnight for free! So we decided to end our classy upscale night with a classic Audrey Hepburn movie. I had never seen it. It was much different than I had originally thought it would be. But I still liked it. Mikey Rooney as the Chinese neighbor was a little shocking and not so politically correct. But I suppose that's how things were back then. And it seemed a fitting tribute to my grandma on her birthday, since she has proclaimed she is thankful she was not born a Negro or a China man.

1 comment: