Saturday, January 31, 2009

DAY 31 - Showgirls Saturday Night.


Please stand by for this post! I am experiencing some technical difficulties. In true Ken McEntire fashion, I have mis placed my camera. I don't think its too far away, I remember picking it up, but I don't remember where I put it back down. So the photo for Saturday has not yet been uploaded... Oh but its a good one!....

**************

The vault has been unlocked and the missing photo has been recovered...and by vault I'm referring to under my car seat.  I found my camera!  YAY!!  This was the last picture taken on the camera before I "lost" it...maybe it was best.  I wonder if maybe I reveal too much on this blog.

Tonight we got together at Clete and Greg's and had a "Showgirls & Chip's" party.  Don't judge!  Brandy has the collectors edition box set of the movie.  It comes with you're own pasty's, and blind fold.  It's really hilarious.  Now you have to understand this box set is marketed as "the worst movie ever made"  I'm glad the distributors realize what they are dealing with, and have accepted it.  The only way to get through this movie is to watch it with the commentary.  It's done by a guy who has been traveling around to Universities and gives lectures about this movie and why it is the worst movie ever made.  The commentary is HILARIOUS!  He points out during the movie that there is an underlying theme about chips and finger nails...they are always eating chips, talking about chips or doing their fingernails..or talking about doing their fingernails..hence the "chips" part of the party.  We each brought our favorite chips....I brought Parmesean Wheat Thins.  

This movie is so scary and disturbing, it really should be classified as a horror movie, and it is the opposite of anything sexy.  They should show it in high school to discourage kids from even having sex.  I don't understand were AC Slater or Zach Morris were to come help poor Jesse Spano get out of her life of sin in Las Vegas...maybe that's the sequel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment