Friday, January 30, 2009

DAY 30 - I Wonder What Ken is Doing Tonight?


I filmed Camelot up at Bonneville tonight. This was actually the second time around. They did the show last fall and I filmed it but one of the tapes had a glitch and the audio kept getting out of sync. Was making editing a nightmare. They got to do the show again for the Utah Theater Association conference that was held in Ogden this year, so Alane had asked me to film it with just one camera so she had a copy of the performance. But since I was having trouble with last falls tape I just decided to redo the entire thing.

I enjoy filming the shows and putting them together, but it always turns into such a big ta do! Since I only have one camera I have to track down two other cameras for a three camera shoot, then I couldn't find the adapter for one of my tripods so I had to rent two tripods, and one camera. Luckily a friend of mine let me borrow his camera, but I was almost half way to Ogden by the time he called me to let me know where and when I could pick it up. So for a moment I thought I would have to use my tiny little camcorder for the far shots. Quality! I wish I just had thousands to go get myself all outfitted with equipment so I didn't have to rely on renting, or borrowing from anyone. But I can't justify spending all that money for just a few times a year.

I have been filming these shows for the past six years! Crazy, I can't believe it, I was trying to figure out which shows I've done and what years they were, but they are all starting to run together. All I can remember is one giant show about a lovable elephant who meets Adam and Eve, then Adam accuses these ladies of being witches, but they were just confused...then a little Polish boy meets a Puerto Rican girl and they know that tonight won't be just any other night because this doctor in the town has developed a potion and he's gone just plain wacky and terrorizes the streets of London with a capital T that rhymes with P that stands for Pool. His actions make you wonder, is it possible to love someone one who hits you, and hits you hard? then you realize, yes, it is possible to love someone who hits you and hits you hard. Luckily it was all just a movie, one of those talkies, and everyone wakes up safe and think its fun to stay out late, but good mornin' good mornin' to you. Just your standard tale as old as time.

No comments:

Post a Comment