Saturday, January 10, 2009

DAY 10 - Toe Pick


Today I got an early start. I met Brandy, Greg and some of Brandy's friends at Trolley Square to wait in line for some Sundance tickets. The pic is of Brandy and I sitting of the cold hard Trolley Square floor waiting for the line to start moving. I'm lookin' a little flirty, but who wouldn't wanna flirt with Brandy, she's such a little tart. These were free tickets they give out for the screenings of the "Best of Fest" so we don't know what movies they will be, it will be whatever is voted best. We got tickets for 2 of the 3 they will be showing. So Monday Jan. 26th I'm going to be in movies all night long. It will be a good time. The wait wasn't bad at all. I got there about 8:15, and the doors opened at 10. The line moved really fast, so we had tickets in hand by 10:15. After that we went to Park Cafe for some breakfast...Park Cafe is so yummy, its just down home cookin' with greasy potatoes and huge pancakes...all that goodness.

The rest of the day was just standard Saturday errands. I finally gave in and bought some curtains for my apartment. I'm undecided about them, I feel like they are really dark and now I have a heavy dark hole where windows once were. But it does make it feel more cozy, and hopefully it will block out the blinding sun that comes in all day long. The glare on my TV makes it impossible for me to watch my stories, and forces me to be productive. Hopefully that will come to an end.

This evening I went to Gallivan Center and did some ice skating with Clete, Greg, Parker and Preston. We stayed for a long time, it was a lot better than New Years Eve, there were still a lot of people, but it wasn't nearly as crowded. Parker and Preston are really starting to get the hang of it. Preston has developed his own sort of technique where he doesn't life up his feet, just scoots along with stiff legs. But he gets going pretty fast, he has been dubbed "Lord of the Skate." I forgot how much I enjoy skating, I took lessons when I was a kid, thought I would be the next Scott Hamilton, but never happened, I ended up going more the route of Louie Anderson. Never achieved the success of either. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun getting back out on the ice. Someday I'll finally get that triple sow cow perfected. Its all about the Toe Pick.

My other favorite part of today was that the little boys have a new favorite movie. Apparently they have been singing Mama Mia songs all day. I'm so proud... here are a few clips.




No comments:

Post a Comment