Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20 - Black Man, Black Man....


Today was exciting, I took a trip to Amsterdam! Maybe not quite, but I was feeling like my blog pictures were getting a little boring so I thought I'd spice it up a bit. This is actually the window display at Cahoots next to the Tower Theater. We went to another Sundance movie tonight. We saw "I Love You Phillip Morris." It was OK, it was kind of like a quirky "Catch Me If You Can" but gayer. Was all about this con man living lies and going in and out of prison. It had Jim Carey in it, I think he's best when he sticks to cartoon character roles, I have never been a big fan of his, and this role did'nt change my mind. Ewan McGreggor was in it as well, I like him. It wasn't a premier or anything so we didn't see any big stars.

Also to note today, was the historical Inaguration of President Barack Obama. It was a cool experience, I don't remember another inaguration that had so much attention. It's always a big event I suppose, but I don't remember as many people being interested in it. I know of people who took the day off work to watch all of the festivities on TV. I was able to watch it online at work. I'm happy I could be a part of history in some small way. No matter what your political affliation is I think we all know there needs to be changes. Hopefully the new leadership will help things move in the right direction. I know some people are concerned about the next four years. I have so much hope and am excited to see what can be accomplished with new eyes. I also believe one person cannot fix the country or destroy it. There are enough checks and balances in place that I don't think the country will crumble to pieces. I also beleive that it takes everyone to create change. I'm hoping the next four years will see an improved economy, some sort of advancements towards peace in the Middle East, and Africa. I'm also hopeful there will be changes that will allow more equality in the country, that everyone will be allowed the same basic rights and discrmination will not be allowed to be law.

I'm not really a political person, and I'm probably an idealist, I have that niave notion that everyone should just get along, be happy and have money. Really that's what its all about right?

No comments:

Post a Comment