Sunday, January 11, 2009

DAY 11 - Jakenbake!


Today I had a nice end to a pleasant weekend. I spent most of the morning tiding up the apartment, then went to my parents house and made a small dent in my accumulating laundry. Then I went to Ogden for dinner with my good friends Jake and Amanda. It was a lot of fun, just like old times, only completely different. It's crazy how much stays the same, but how much can change. For several years every Sunday evening I would play games with the Tesch's, after Jake and Jason got married and all of our lives started taking us in different directions that tradition ended. Tonight Jake invited me up for dinner and it was a nice surprise to see most of the family there playing games. However, Rich was out on the road starting his new job as a truck driver, and Jared is off on his mission. We met at Jake's grandmas house, which Jake now lives in and has fixed up really nice. And Davis, Jake's baby is now a little man. He's an absolute genius. Only 2 years old and reading, writing and spelling. He was telling me his thoughts on a solution to global warming and working on some plans to solve the nations mortgage crisis...well maybe not quite, but I'm sure he's been thinking about it.

It was a lot of fun to see them again. I was thinking on the way home that this fall it will be 10 years since I met Jake. He was a little high school kid, now he's all grown up and has such a cute little family. I'm so proud of what he has become. We have had a lot of "good times" over the years. I look forward to many more years of Sunday night dinners and games, and hopefully a camping trip will be thrown in here an there.

SOLID!

1 comment:

  1. Ken, you made me teary! It was so much fun having you over on Sunday . . . we seriously weren't planning on so many extra guests, but it was so great to see you. I forgot how much fun you are to have around. Hopefully the next time won't be too long coming. Oh, and check out our blog at jaketeschfamily.blogspot.com. Love ya! AManda

    ReplyDelete