Thursday, January 1, 2009

DAY 1 - Doin Fine in 2009!


So one of my New Years resolutions is to take more pictures. I have boxes full of pictures that span about a 3 year period when I was a regular paparazzi. But I have been lax in my picture taking duties over the past several years. So I have decided to start a "picture a day" blog. I am hoping to add a picture each day for 2009. I haven't decided if all pictures will be of me, I feel that's a little "Oprah Magazine" cover conceited, but it will also be interesting to see how I age over the course of the year. How much hair I loose, watch myself get fatter and then hopefully skinnier, see me sad and hopefully happy...so pretty much just like Oprah. We'll see how much dedication I have.

I have been a little nervous to start a Blog, all the pressure of being witty and clever. So I am not guaranteeing anything. My posts could very well be dry and pointless, but at least it will prove I made it another day in this wacky world!

My first picture of 2009 was taken moments after the ball dropped, with my good friend Dick Clark. So many New Years Eves have been spent counting down the seconds to the ball dropping with Dick. This year was no different, I waited in anticipation as Dick counted down to midnight, at least I believe he was counting down, it may have been some sort of Hebrew prayer it was hard to say. But good for him for trying. Earlier in the night we headed downtown for some First Night festivities. We watched a laser show that looked as if it was created with 1986 Atari 2500, then went to the Galivan Center for a little ice skating. It was crowded, and I hadn't been on skates in 10 years. But I was amazed that I picked it right up and was doing triple luxes in no time. It was a pretty good night, I was glad I got to spend it with a some of my best friends Clete and Greg and my little buds Parker and Preston.

I am looking forward to 2009, 2008 was a big year for me. I would call it a good year over all, however it was full of big changes and left me feeling like I was free falling through life, trying to find something to grab a hold of. I still feel a little dazed and confused, but I'm learning to manage the feelings of hopelessness and despair and trying to focus the energy elsewhere, I should try taking up a hobby, like needlepoint, but I should probably look for something else that doesn't require sharp objects, any suggestions? I accomplished some major goals this year. The first half of the year I graduated with my bachelors degree after eight years of school, I lost those last 5 lbs (have gained them back over the holidays, I'm sure), and I moved into my own place. The last half of the year I spent working and worrying.

As 2009 begins I find myself with great friends, a great family, living in a cool little apartment downtown and a decent job that pays my bills (barely). I really do have an all right life, and I'm going to try to be thankful for what I have this year and not focus on the things I want and don't have yet. I haven't made any definite resolutions, I just am going to try to make it day by day (oh sweet lord, these things we pray). I could always go to the gym more, I need to be better with my money, all those standard things. But this year I just want to "be" and hopefully make some progress while I'm at it.

Check in often, I hope to have more pictures of my meanderings through life. Everyone can witness me trying to sketch out my tiny little existence.... Hope to see you back soon.

Have a super happy and safe New Years!!

2 comments: