Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18 -AG88, great, great, great!

Ahh it's Sunday... the unappealing aroma of Monday is all ready present in the air. But I try to keep it away with Saturday scented pine tree shaped air fresheners.

This morning I went to breakfast at Em's with Clete, Brandy, Kirstin, and Brandy's friends D.J. and Kimberlie that are in town for Sundance. Em's is cool little cafe up on Capitol Hill, it's kinda fun to go to.

After breakfast I once again did my best at procrastinating. I am getting so good at it, I just need to practice it a little harder til I'm a master. I did do a little cleaning around the house, watched some TV, and wasted time on the computer. Then around 3:30 I went and bought the stuff to make Hot Saucy Blondie's for the little dinner party I was going to.

Every month the old gang from Alphagraphics 88 get together for a Sunday night dinner. We each take turns hosting it. This month was Carly's turn. I am usually in charge of dessert. I end up making the same things all the time, so I wanted to find something a little different. I found a recipe that was suppose to be like the Blondie's at Applebee's, I love those things. So I tried it out. They turned our really well, but didn't taste like Applebee's, but they were still really, really good. Tons of brown sugar and butter...I could really just eat that, so it didn't take much to make them taste good.

The dinner party was good. Had good food, caught up on all the West Valley and Bountiful Alphagraphics gossip. Then played a game called "Settlers." I know you'll probably read this Carly, and no offense, but that game is a little dull. We need to punch it up a bit, maybe some strip settlers..woot woot! ;) The photo is our little family group shot, I look like I'm the giant hormonally imbalanced child of Jon and Madison.

Well Sunday is done, and the work week is here. I'm a little bitter cause I have to work tomorrow and its Human Rights Day. I think Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream we all were created equal, and by that he meant, every one equally deserves a day off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment