Monday, January 5, 2009

DAY 5 - Assault and Battery


Today was the first day of my first full week at my new job. It started off real, real good. I went to start my car and the battery was dead. I think I may be a touch psychic, all night long I kept thinking my car was going to be dead in the morning, and it was. Maybe that whole Secret thing does work after all. But sending out charged battery vibes into the universe wasn't enough to get the car going. I had to get my friend Hunter to come over and give me a jump. But we weren't able to get it working, neither of us are big car people. Some random fellow from my apartment building came over and hooked up the cables a different way and had us try it one more time, and it started up. Then he got back in his car, and yelled out the window "pour some coke over the terminals" and he was off. He may have been one of the three Nephites. And it confirmed what I always believed, Diet Coke does solve everything.

The picture is of me very discouraged with the dead battery situation. After work I went to Sears but they only had some $190 battery, then I went to Costco and found one for much cheaper, however they don't install them. So now I have a good battery riding around in the car with me. I'm hoping that just having the good battery near the bad one, the bad battery will work harder, knowing that it can be replaced at any moment.

Now I'm back into my lazy ways. I was going to start working out tonight, but I didn't get done with the battery stuff til 8:30, and I was real hungry. So I'm just lounging around on the couch watching HGTV in my fuzzy blanket, looking out at the freshly fallen snow. Ahhhhh! And the best part is...only 4 more days til Friday.

P.S. Happy Birthday Kelli!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment