Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 16 - Fettuccini Bolognaablah!


It's FRIDAY!!!! The end of a long week... Not a hard week, just long. Work has been very slow, sometimes I think its worse to be completely bored at work rather than extremely busy, at least when your busy the time flies.

Well, I didn't have any big plans for the evening, so I decided I would make myself a nice dinner. During my immense downtime at work I looked up a few recipes. I found one that seemed fairly easy and healthy and sounded pretty good. It was for a Fettuccini Bolognese. I went to Smith's and spent a lot of money getting everything I needed for it. I chopped up my veggies, did everything as directed, made a huge mess in my tiny kitchen... It took me about an hour to make the recipe that said it had a 20 min prep time. When it was complete, it was just, OK, and made my apartment smell real bad. I know you're suppose to use fresh ingredients and it makes everything better, but I feel like some hamburger helper would have been just as good, if not better...Once again proving I am not a cook.

After dinner Clete and I went to a movie, we saw "Defiance" a movie about a group of Jews that hid out in the forest from the Germans during WWII. It was really good, and based on a true story. Ended up being a nice Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment