Thursday, January 8, 2009

DAY 8 - BRING IT!

One week into this crazy wacky year...and I finally started my resolution. However I don't really consider it a resolution, it's more just getting back on track. I was so good about working out 3-6 times a week for about a year and a half. Then last summer I moved into my new apartment and got a little side tracked. So today I did it, I put in my Power 90 and started my 90 days to a leaner trimer me. Although I did Power 90 for almost 2 years and still didn't look like the guy on the cover. I think I should get my money back.
I was surprised that it was much easier than I thought it would be. I was pretty nervous that I wouldn't be able to get through it. I did really well, except for the crunches at the end. I used to be able to do all 200, but I started off doing the 20 reps of each, but it was kicking my butt, so I had to drop it down to the 10. I'm happy I finished and I have to make sure I keep it up.

Unfortunately after the work out I went down hill. It drained me, I made a healthy dinner, but it was disgusting. I realize I'm no cook. I can bake, but cooking a piece of chicken without it turning into a burnt rubbery mess is not my forte. After my dinner dibachle I have sat around chatting on facebook and watching TV, a completely wasted evening. But tomorrow is Friday! YAY!! Made it through another week.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I hate crunches. I am against them. I am also against rubber chickens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a comedian, I am pro rubber chickens....just not for dinner. :)

    Here's a quick and easy and good for you chicken dinner:

    *Preheat your oven to 350.(hmmm, does your oven work yet? You could probably also do this in a toaster oven.)

    *Take a boneless breast of chicken, place it on a piece of aluminium foil and tilt the edges up a bit to create sort of a bowl/curved plate thing.

    *Pour a little bit of chicken stock, marinade, bbq sauce...whatever, onto the chicken. I like Lea & Perrins marinades, there's several choices, so you can have a different flavour every night and never get bored! :D

    *Fold up the aluminium foil making sure it's fairly leak proof.

    *Place aluminium packet on a cookie sheet and place cookie sheet into the oven.

    *Bake for 15 minutes. Slightly more depending on your oven, you'll figure it out after a few times. Take it out, cut into it, if you see pink, put it back in for a couple of minutes! Or...you know, get all fancy with a thermometer. :)

    *When done, remove from oven and let it rest inside the packet for a few minutes.

    *While chicken is cooking, you can whip up a veggie. For poor folks, frozen broccoli is always good (big bags at costco!). Asparagus is a nice alternative, or a simple little salad. Also, I would sometimes whip up a batch of rice. One full recipe of rice can last you a week! VERY CHEAP! Just put it in the fridge and heat it up when your ready for it!

    *Remove chicken from foil packet CAREFULLY, drain excess marinade into sink, place it on a plate and enjoy!

    *I was amazed at how tender and juicy the chicken was (95% of the time when I didn't goof it up! :D) Putting it in the foil really locks in the flavour and the steam! Try it! It's NEARLY goof proof! Or at least, it comes out right more often than it doesn't and it tastes DELICIOUS! :)

    xoxoxo!
    m.

    ReplyDelete