Friday, January 23, 2009

DAY 23 - Karen Carpenter Had It All

I thought I would give my new cook book a try and make some cupcakes. Kelli gave me the "Cake Bible" for Christmas, I've been wanting to try some of the recipes but just haven't wanted to put forth the effort and time into making a big ole cake. So I decided to try out one in a cupcake version. The cake tasted good, but just like everything else I have made in my oven....I burned them. There is some vortex to the underworld or something in my oven, I don't know why it ruins everything I try to bake. I figured since they were cupcakes they wouldn't need as much time to bake as a cake, so I put them in for 25 minutes, after 9 minutes I checked them, and the edges were burnt, so I took them out. I really don't get it, I put an oven thermometer in to test it, and it said it was only 350 degrees. Maybe it's the diet gods telling me its time to stop...however when I tried to cook a healthy meal last week it didn't turn out either.... I've said it once, I'll say it again, that Karen Carpenter really had it all, she didn't have to worry about this kind of stuff, and had a velvety smooth voice to top it all off... If only I could be Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment