Wednesday, January 7, 2009

DAY 6 - Zanzibar the Jazz Bar

Tonight I had a great time watching my super talented friend Jeff do a little sing song at the Zanzibar Jazz Bar. This is a picture of me, Jeff and Nick Siler.

I'll write a little more later, but if you notice its 2:00 am, but I wanted to be consistent and post my daily pic!

***********
Here's a little post script now that I am rested (as rested as I can be with only 5 hours of sleep).

I have decided to try to do more things during the week. I find myself living for the weekends and wishing the days away. So instead of dreading each day, I am going to try to find things to do in the evenings to give me something to look forward to. I happened to notice some of my facebook friends attending this event at Zanzibar, and when I looked at the performers I saw my friend Jeff was going to be singing. So I called him up and invited myself. I hadn't seen him in a long time and have missed seeing him perform. He did an awesome job, he was definitely the best one there. He's gonna be big time someday.
After the show he wanted to see my apartment, so he came over and we ended up chatting til 2am. It was fun to catch up a. I've known Jeff for over 10 years, met him when he was just a kid. Now he's all grown up. We've been through a lot together, he's someone who I can always see being part of my life no matter how far apart we are, or how much time passes between each time we chat. It's nice to have friends like that.

Other than that, the day was status quo. Went to work didn't have much to do, left a little early, went to my parents house to have my dad help me install the new battery I had been carrying around with me, and then to celebrate the successful installation dad treated us to the fine dining experience that is Chuck-A-Rama. Who says I don't know how to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment