Thursday, January 29, 2009

DAY 29 - FAME...I'm gonna live forever


Thursday with the parentals! Tonight was our traditional Thursday night dinner, we ate at the Bountiful favorite, El Matador! Olé! It's real good greasy Mexican food. It seems to have lost something since they tore down the old building to build Costco. The new place is nice, but just doesn't have the same charm of going into the Bountiful industrial park for a "fancy" dinner.

After I got home I did a little workin' out at my apartment. I did my standard Power 90, but had a surprising amount of energy after I was done. I started doing these "hop kicks" that Nancy and I had done a few years back when we did this old school obstacle course in the foothills of Ogden. The course was built in the late 70's or early 80's, so all the little exercises seem a bit antiquaited. We thought these hop kicks were hilarious. They are just how they sound, you hop on one foot and kick the other leg in the air. I like to do them when I play the "Fame" home game. So as I was doing these hop kicks I must have had a little more kick than hop and I compeletly fell. If the man below me wasn't all ready annoyed with the repetitive romping of the hop kick, the giant thud of my body hitting the hardwood floor probably was enough for him to request my eviction. I'm sure it had to have loosened some plaster from his ceiling which fell right in his proidge...I don't know if he was eating poridge, but he seems like the time to skeer up a pot of poridge now and then.

After my work out and hop kick fiasco I had worked up quite a thirst. It was about 10pm and I didn't want a diet coke, so I opted to walk to Smith's for some Crystal Light Green Tea. Since its been colder I haven't walked to the store very often, but I was feeling adventurous, ready to take on the frigid cold. I felt like Admiral Peary as he embarked on his quest for the North Pole. The journey was rough, but I was successful. As I was returning home I was only a block away from my apartment building when a white van with no windows turned the corner, its headlights hit me and I turned around and saw it pull to the side of the road. The lights turned off but no one got out. All of the sudden I was 9 years old walking home from school looking for a Mr. McGruff house to run to. I didn't want to look silly and take off running, with arms flailing about. So I played it cool and did a speed walk. I didn't want to look back to see if anyone was following me, but I had the creepy feeling that there was someone breathing down my neck. I would slow down, then speed up , my heart racing, my fight or flight instincts were kicking in. I was almost home. I got to the steps of my building and glanced back in the general direction of the molester van just in time to see someone pulling a lifeless.........stack of newspapers out of the side cargo door. Thank you News Corp for you dedicated serivce in providing the greater Salt Lake area with news and information in such a timely and creepy manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment