Monday, March 2, 2009

DAY 61 - Stay Golden Pony Boy!

Tonight I had the privilege of going to Granger High School's production of "The Outsiders." I loved this show as a kid, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Machio, Patrick Swayzee, Emilio Estevez, Matt Dillon, Rob Low, Tom Cruise. A who's who of 80's Hollywood hot young actors. It was the pages of Tiger Beat come to life... It was pretty much the same watching it at Granger....kinda. It was fun to go to, they did a pretty good job. I am used to Alane's large scale productions, they don't really have the program like Bonneville's but they do a good job with what they've got.

The worst part of today is that my car DIED!!! The transmission finally gave up. It has been going for the past few weeks, and this morning I tried to make it to work, I only got a few blocks from my house and it wouldn't go into gear. At every stop light I had to turn off the car an turn it back on, it would go into first and I slowly made my way back home. I had no idea what I was going to do, I had to figure out a way to get to work. My friend Hunter had offered me his car the night before as a facebook comment, but I didn't know if he was serious. I finally swallowed my pride and asked if he was joking, or if I could really borrow his car. I was so, so, so grateful that he was not joking, he happily lent me his Jetta. It was really fun driving a stick shift again, I miss it. I didn't want to give it back. I held on to the bumper and kicked and screamed as he drove it away.

But the one good part of the day was at my work we had an employee orientation meeting. we went to lunch at Cafe Rio and I ended up sitting with another employee and the VP over training and development. He had set up a "biggest loser" challenge. I asked about it and he told me a little bit about what was going on. I told him I would have liked to have joined... A few minutes later after the conversation had shifted he looked at me again and said "Why would you need to join? You don't have to lose weight?"...One of the happiest moments of my life. I really could stand to lose about 15 lbs. But I still see myself much much bigger. So out of dreary depressing day, that was my golden moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment