Saturday, March 21, 2009

DAY 80 - I wanna be forever young!


I have been saying for the past several weeks that I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up.... A grandma! I think grandma's have the best life ever, you can have kids around, but send them back when you're tired of them. You can have your days free to work on projects, or go to activities at the home, and you can bake all you want! No worries, just live off your husbands life insurance and your set!! Well tonight we watched a movie that inspired me even more to want to become a grandma. Or a funny grandpa, not an old mean one.... We watched a documentary called "Young at Heart." It's about a choir of older people, mostly in their 70's, 80's and 90's, they perform all over the place, but the catch is they sing modern songs. It's so funny! They are all so committed to it, and work so hard to get it down. I LOVED it!! But it was so sad, when your have a group of older people I guess you have to expect it, but members of the choir kept dying, it was so sad. But really inspirational, especially for me who can't really see what there is to do in life past 40.

The picture is of Fred, he was my favorite, the shot was during the music video they made to Stayin Alive, he was on oxygen and not able to perform regularly with the choir. But he honestly did have a really good voice, and was just a funny, laid back type of old man I wanna be.

No comments:

Post a Comment