Thursday, March 5, 2009

DAY 64 - LIES!


I'm growing increasingly bitter. I have moved my car from Ken Garff to a mechanic in Centerville who thinks he may be able to fix it for cheaper. I'm not really counting on it. I'm bracing for the worst. I'm trying really, really hard not to freak out over the whole situation. On Monday at my work orientation, they explained each of the products, they told us about the Stress Formula, and that it takes up to 2 weeks to start working at the regular dosage, but the guy joked that if you take half the bottle you'll feel really good and not remember a thing... I took his "advice" I took about 8 capsules. I didn't so much relieve my stress, just made me want to put my head down on my desk for most of the day.

Tonight I walked (obviously) to Clete and Greg's to watch Ugly Betty. In the episode Betty's family was getting evicted from their house. The only way they could stay is if they raised $15,000 to put a down payment on the house to buy it. The whole show followed the Suarez family as they tried to raise the funds. It looked grim until the dad entered a cooking contest show, much like the Bobbly Flay's challenge type show. He lost, and it looked like he wasn't going to get the money. However, in the last moments the chef came and told Betty's dad show is rigged and he has to win 4 out of 5 challenges. But he really thought his recipe was the best, and wanted to buy the it for $10,000, just the same amount of money they needed to save the house.... It all worked out for Betty and her family. It is similar to the Brady's raising funds in the talent contest to replace their parents silver platter. Everything always works out for TV families. What about me, maybe it will all work out in the end. On my way home, feeling somewhat hopeful. I looked down at the sidewalk and some wise street side tagger had reminded me television is lies...ALL LIES!!! I need $2000 or more to fix my car...where's my prize winning Molé recipe, or sequined jump suit and step brothers and sisters to help sing my way to financial freedom? HMMMMM? Thank you wise street graffiti for keepin it real!

1 comment:

  1. I can get a few people together and I'm sure we can score some sequined suits at a thrift store. You locate a paying variety show we can appear on and we're all set! :D

    Or, we could just have a back sale. Every little bit helps! :)

    ReplyDelete