Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DAY 89 - Saabin'

With the pending demise of the Rodeo on my shoulders, I thought I better start looking for a replacement. I called my buddy Jake who works at a little car dealership in Bountiful to see what they had on their lot. I had actually looked on line at some of their cars and this Saab caught my interest. When I talked to him this was the first car he mentioned. I decided I would stop by and take it for a drive... Big mistake! I'm way too much of an emotional buyer. If I would have known for sure the Rodeo was dead, I probably would have bought it and driven it home. I'm trying to decide what to do. It is a really good price and has low mileage for the year. It's a convertible, which I didn't think I would ever want, but I had so much fun driving it with the roof down, even though it was 40 degrees out side. The only draw back is I've heard conflicting ideas about the Saab. Some people love them, some people love them, but say they are maintenance nightmares. Not sure who to beleive. I think its unanimous that they are expensive to fix when things do go wrong, but just not sure how often things go wrong with them.

I'll have to see what goes on with my car, if they do find out it's not a complete transmission replacement, I may just pay to get it fixed. But I'm not going to pay several thousand dollars to fix up a car I've never really liked. I would love to get something fun, but being part of the lower middle class I am not allowed such luxuries, in fact, I don't even think I qualify as middle class, probably more of an upper lower class. I would have probably been on the first level out of steerage on the Titanic. My only real luxury would have been a few more minutes of listening to Nearer My God to Thee before being swallowed up by the frigid cold waters... Right now it feels like I'm nearing the last verse, I can feel the water lapping at my feet...I'm going down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment