Sunday, March 29, 2009

DAY 88 - Jesus Take The Wheel

Don't let the smiling face in the above picture fool you. Today was filled with trials and tribulations. It was Nate's homecoming, so I got up and went to Ogden. After church, we left and got no less than a block away when my car did a few lunges and sputters and refused to get in gear. I pulled over to the side of the road and put it in park and back into drive. A trick that had worked previously when I was having transmission issues. But I was not that lucky this time. I put it in drive and it just reved, it wasn't going anywhere. You would think that making a sacrifice to drive to Ogden to go to church I would have had some devine intervention. A pilar of light would come down and heal my transmission. But it must not have been meant to be. It must have been the Rodeo's time to go.

Luckily one of Alane's former students was close by, so she came and got us, then Alane brought me to Centerville, where I confiscated my mom's Jeep and came back home. I told Brandy I deserved a treat, I wanted to emotionally eat. But the only place to find a treat at 9:30 on a Sunday night in Salt Lake is a few random coffee shops. We ended up at the Coffee Garden on 9th and 9th. It was fine, I had a piece of this lemon cake. It obviously had come in Friday morning, it was really dry and not at all satisfying. Oh well, 2 more weeks and I get to break lent and bake!!! I better start thinking about what to make, it's gotta be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment