Monday, March 16, 2009

DAY 75 - Willow? Really?


Tonight had some highs and lows. Had a really, really good dinner at a Thai place called Sawadee on South Temple. Yum! After that I went over to Clete and Greg's. Clete loves Willow and wanted to go see the free showing at Brewvies. Greg and I reluctantly agreed. It didn't start til 10:30 and it was a school night. I had decided I was giving up food and Diet Coke for Lent. I think God is really going to hold me to it. I figured I would have a few DC's on the weekend, but none during the week. Sunday night I got one and sat it on the floor at Clete and Greg's and Beency (the dog) knocked the entire thing over. I was so distraught. So, since my last Diet Coke of the weekend was maliciously disposed of, I decided I would get one for the movie since it was really late, and I was going to have to stay awake for a fantasy movie. But when Greg got to the front of the line to order our drinks they had run out of the Diet Coke!!! Two nights in a row, my attempts to partake of the fizzy aspartame goodness was foiled!!!

The movie was interesting. Mixing an 80's fantasy movie with fantasy movie enthusiast and beer is not a good combination. I'm all about going to some cheesy movie and having people heckle or talk back to the screen, it can be amusing. But if you're going to heckle, please be witty. These people were yelling the dumbest things. Then one would yell out something lame, and someone else would say the same thing just phrase it differently. It was sad, very sad. But the man sitting next to me found it all very amusing. I know this because he had a sturdy laugh, not really loud, but whenever he laughed my chair began to shake violently. It was a very long two hours. I should have known better, I'm just not fan of the fantasy movies. Even Harry Potter is too much for me. But at least it was an exciting night out on the town, and those little people are precious, I always wanted one, but my parents would let me keep it in the house.

1 comment:

  1. A. Give Harry a chance!!
    B. Aside from Harry and the Dark Crystal, I'm pretty much with you regarding the fantasy movies.
    C. I'm telling the Roloff's what you said about wanting to keep on them as a pet! ;)

    ReplyDelete