Friday, March 20, 2009

DAY 79 - B9- "It's Not a Tumor!"

BINGO!!! Well none for me, I did however get to stand up and spin once. Brandy, Cassie Pickle and I went to Third Friday Bingo at the 1st Baptist Church on 13th East. It was a crazy good time. Those baptists know how to party. It is hosted by two drag queens Patty Papshmear and Ruby Ridge. There are all sorts of rules you have to follow, like no elbows on the table, no calling out fake bingo's, etc... If you break one of the rues your whole table has to go "work the room" for donations. They had a giant Amy Winehouse wig the offender would have to wear and everyone else had to put on these turban type things, and they had to wear them until the next perpetrator was caught. Luckily I, nor anyone at my table broke any of the rules...or at least got caught. One of the good rules is that when you only have 1 spot left before you get bingo you have to stand up and spin around. However, since it was St. Patrick day themed you had to keep your hands down to your side like an Irish dancer. Who'd have thunk how hard that would be, I guess the act of twirling makes you want to swing your arms about. I only had the opportunity to stand and spin once, but I began to raise my arms, as if I were Julie Andrew's spinning atop an Alp, then I quickly remembered the repercussions of such an action, and I brought the arms down.

It was a lot of fun to see such a diverse crowd gathered for some good clean fun. There were a few teenage boys sitting at our table, they were members of the church there and were on a 30 hour fast. I'm still not sure what the fast was for, they raised money I suppose, but not sure how much money you can raise by sponsoring starvation. I guess that's how Ghandi made his fortune.

1 comment:

  1. At least we didn't party foul like that dear boy who was harassed for the entire evening. Although he completely deserved it.

    "Diagonal means up and down- up and down. But for you- go ahead and yell our bingo if its going side to side as well."

    Too funny.

    I like you, Ken dear.

    ReplyDelete