Saturday, March 14, 2009

DAY 73 - The Jap is Back!

SATURDAY! It was a pretty good day. I got a lot done, bought new shoes YAY! Now hopefully my knees will last into my late 30's. I took the shoes out for a run and went further than I ever have, and I even ran part of the time on the cement sidewalk. My knees are feeling fine now, we'll see how they feel tomorrow. After my run I went home and tidied up the house. Finally cleaned the kitchen for the first time this week....don't judge!

Then Alane called and told me they had an extra ticket for "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at the Egyptian in Park City. Nate was going to be coming as well. He has just been home from his mission two weeks, but he's just like the Nate who left two years ago. We fell right back into our giggly school boy selves.

The show wasn't great, I think its hard for a show to be funny when it tries to tell you its funny in the title. But we made our own entertainment. I shared my story of the time when I was about 14 and performed at the state fair with the Pages Lane School of Performing Arts. We sang "Comedy Tonight" (which is the most popular song from the show) at one point during the song, I had my big part, I got to step out of the line and say "Last night I had a dream I ate a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone" then stepped back in the line to do the grapevine and finish the song. I was a BIG HIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment