Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DAY 62 - Carless Children Sang as they Walked, and Walked and Walked and....

Today I walked, and walked and walked. My car is dead! My dad came down this morning to follow me to Ken Garff Honda. I tried to coax the poor injured Rodeo to the corral. I was pretty sure once I pulled it in the garage they were just going to shoot it to put it out of its misery. It took forever to drive it through the streets of downtown. It wouldn't shift into gear, I was driving in probably 1st or 2nd the entire way over. I didn't want to stop at any red lights or stop signs cause I didn't know if I could get it going again, so I just ran threw them. People were angry and I received some honks and unfriendly hand gestures, but I just smiled and waved as if in a parade. I should have put some streamers on the car and threw candy, that way people may have been a little more forgiving.

Once I dropped off the car, my dad took me into work. But I had the challenge of finding a way home from Sandy. I ended up catching a ride with some guys I work with to the 21st South Trax station, then catching the train and riding it to the City Center stop, then walking home. We left the office about 5:30, I got home about 6:40. My usual 20 minute commute has expanded to over an hour. I guess that's what life is like for the carless. But I'm trying to remain positive and singing a happy tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment