Friday, May 1, 2009

DAY 121 - MOG! Chuck E Cheese!

Zippadee-a and Hi-dee-ho! There's something we can do, we'll sing a song that we all know.... Happy Birthday to you!  Today was Clete's son Parker's 6th birthday.  So the group of us went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate.  That was a tradition in my family growing up, we would go to the Chuck E Cheese in Ogden on our birthday's.  I loved it, it was such a big event for me.  It seemed so exciting.  There was the room with all the anamatronic characters in the wall, the piano playing Moose, or sometimes it was a hippo.  Then there were all the games, Skee Ball and the such.  I loved it.  So when they were talking about going there for Parker's birthday I got excited to go relive my youth....how dissapointed I was.  Chuck E Cheese has been hit hard by the recession, or is just getting lazy in his old age.  We went to the one in Sandy, it was so depressing, it had a little area with a stage where Chuck and his friends would perform, however there was no sound, just a bunch of mouth moving characters, and the spot lights were burned out on most of them.  Then the game area was so small and light by depressing fluorescent lighting.  How I longed for the Chuck E of my youth.  But that has been over 20 years ago, Chuck has really let himself go.

The best part of the night was when we got back to Clete and Greg's Preston walked in the house and saw that Beency, the dog, had torn up an entire roll of toilet paper, the entire kitchen was filled with white bits of cottony soft tissue.  Preston saw it and said "M-O-G! look what Beency did."  For those not familiar with the lingo "OMG" is an acronym used in texting for "Oh My Gosh."  He was a little off, not sure what he was trying to say exactly, "Mired Ostentatiously in Guilt", "Mere Ominous Guile."  Preston is so wise.

1 comment:

  1. M-O-G! I totally agree!! I remember going to Chucky Cheese for my 21st B-day. I know most people run to the bars, not me, I ran to Chucky's. I was highly dissapointed as well. Not at all like it was when we were kids. Too bad really. The kids these days are really missing out. I still have the Chucky Cheese rubix cube that I won from Ski-Ball when I was a kid. People see it today and ask me who all the characters are because the only one that has really stayed consistant is Chucky. Like who is that duck behind you...I don't remember a duck!!

    ReplyDelete