Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DAY 139 - Throw another slab o' beef on the barbie!

Ever since we gave Alane the grill for her birthday we've been braking it in for her.  Every time I'm up there we do a little grillin'!  I love it.  Grilled chicken, grilled onions, mushrooms and Capicums...yep Red Capicums, nothin like a tasty grilled Capicum, I need to stop saying Capicum.  It's a new word I learned.  James asked if the Capicums were ready for the grill.  I was a little nervous, I wasn't sure what type of ethnic food was being prepared.  Those Australians, who knows what they eat.  Ya know they come from a long line of convicts, you can't trust em.  Luckily he was just referring to the Red Peppers.  Apparently they are called Capicums down unda.  Who knew?

After the tasty chard goodness was consumed it was time for a little American Idol!!  The finale, Adam and Kris... Such a hard decision.  We all know Adam is freakishly talented, but Kris is awesome and I like his style.  Both had high points, and Kris had some down points.  He didn't sing the last song well at all, it was really flat and too high for him.  Nancy and I felt so bad for him that we voted for him.  I wasn't able to get through on my phone, but James has AT&T so you can text vote from it.  Nancy voted 25 times, then James informed her he doesn't have unlimited text messaging on his plan...ooops.  It was sort of a Desi and Lucy moment, except it was a blonde man with a thick Australian accent yelling NAANCEE!!

I then began writing the script for the benefit concert.  It took me most of the night to come up with just a few segments, and it is full on smoked gouda cheese!!!  I think I may have a future in banter writing.  Hold on to your pink rimmed glasses Bruce Vilanch, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment