Saturday, May 30, 2009

DAY 150 - All Ginned up for the Frolic Pad


I've been a slacker... I have two more videos to finish before I'm caught up on this school year....the school year ends Friday. Oops! I frantically started trying to clear up hard drive space to get capturing video. I got a little start today so hopefully I can get at least one of them done before the end of the week... Well at least have it edited, probably going to have to mail them to the kids during the summer. I wish I had the motivation I used to, I just get kind of burned out sitting in front of a computer all the time. Then it seems like it never goes smoothly, something always gets messed up. Must be me.

This evening Alane heard of a show going on at Club Manhattan, I've always wanted to go there, it seemed so metropolitan. its on Main Street and 4th South. You have to go down a little stairway to get there. I always pictured it being filled with gangster types with their secret door knock and bootlegged liquor. It did have a 40's atmosphere, the guy hosting the show owns the place and he said it opened the day after Pearl Harbor. It is definitely designed for dancing and dining, not so much dinner theater or a cabaret show. There is a dance floor in the middle with a small stage at the front of it, then booths and chairs along the outside walls. The only problem is there are gigantic pillars surrounding the dance floor, so you can't see the stage while sitting in the booths. We'd only got a quick glimpse of the singer as they appeared momentarily between the pillars down the extended stage. It was like watching for Sasquatch singing show tunes from Chicago while lumbering through the forest. We watched each of the singers sing one song, then at intermission we decided to leave. We emerged from the underground club to find it still light out side. So much for a wild and crazy night out on the town. We decided we would go get something to eat, so we got a quick sandwich then went to Spoon Me for some frozen yogurt. We just sat and talked forever outside of Spoon Me, it was just a nice evening outside and nice to sit and chat.

I love living in the city, I'm starting to feel a twinge of regret when I think about moving out in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment